The preparation for the North Chicago New Testament Church of God was in God’s plan before there was a city called North Chicago. This plan began to unfold God’s will early in 1980 when Reverend A. Francis suggested to Brother Bailey to start a prayer meeting in North Chicago.
In May of 1980, a small group met for prayer at Brother Bailey’s apartment in Evanston, IL to seek God’s directions concerning the new work. On the second Saturday of June in 1980, the group met in North Chicago, IL at the home of Brother and Sister Morris. God blessed the group with one convert at that service.
For the next two and a half years, things were slow. Then in February 1983, the flame was rekindled and the church was organized with nine members. For the next ten months, we were known as the house church. We met for Sunday School and Service one time per week until December 1983.
The Lord blessed our fellowship and we were able to purchase a building located at 1607 16th Street in North Chicago, IL. We held our first official service on the First Sunday of 1984. During the years of 1984 through 1992, we held regular Sunday School, Bible Study, Prayer Meetings, and Family Training Hour and worship services.
In 1992, the Lord gave us a vision for a new building. Pastor Bailey titled this inspiring vision, “Vision 2000”. Vision 2000 enabled the church to move from a small facility which we quickly outgrew to our current facility at 1001 10th Street in North Chicago, IL. This new facility gave us greater opportunities to provide more ministerial services to our ever growing congregation.
1001 10th Street, North Chicago, IL 60064